Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gonna be back at Mt.Timbak!

Before going to Mt.Timbak, we dropped by at Mongoto Elementary School to give our book donations to Mam Josie. I was able to contact her through the help of my fellow mountaineer sir Jet Reyes who also had an outreach before at Mt. Timbak. Mam Josie and I were "textmates" for two days in which I asked for instructions on how to go to the school and if I can do storytelling. I thought she was a teacher but when I met her in person, she told me that she is just a "concerned citizen". It was Saturday that's why there were no teachers and students present. So we just dropped by the books there. We had picture-taking for documentation and proceeded at Mt.Timbak where kids were waiting for our storytelling session.

To set the mood of the children for our storytelling session, we had first our Achu-chi-cha dance.

I proceed with my story entitled "Si Pilong Patago-tago"
As I turned around, the children will say "BULAGA!"



Ate Dawn's turn! Her story is "Araw sa Palengke".She told me that it's her dream to tell stories to kids! It finally came true last December 1, 2012. What a breakthrough for Dawn!



After the storytelling, we had question and answer portion. We gave away books, crayons, and pencils to the children who had correct answers. (Even Toastmaster Idah wants to join but I'm sorry, dear, you are disqualified.Hehe.)


It's time to bid goodbye. And as always, group picture is a part of the program. We just don't want to forget the faces of these children.HAPPY FACES. As in.



"

2 comments:

jers said...

Ninang Mars! Hooray! Buma-blog na rin! Gujab!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment